The Larks collects the following data:
Personal identification information
- Voice Part
- Phone number
- Postal address
- Email address
- Twitter name (not password)
- Facebook name (not password)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide The Larks with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online to join our group.
- Register in person to join our group
We may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
Through the use of website cookies, when you browse the site online
How will we use your data?
The Larks collects your data so that we can:
- Process your membership and manage your membership.
- Email you with information about rehearsals, performances and other related opportunities that might interest you.
We will not share your data with any other company without your express permission.
How do we store your data?
The Larks stores your data on an encrypted cloud-based server, with access limited to two people only.
The Larks will keep your data for three years after you join. Once this time period has expired, we will contact you to ask if you are happy for us to keep your data, and otherwise will delete your data by removing it securely via file deletion, including from backups. If you decide to leave the choir, you can request your data is deleted via email or written request.
The Larks would like to send you information about courses, performances and singing opportunities of ours that we think you might like, as well as services of our other groups such as HomeChoir or Self Isolation Choir.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop The Larks from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are your data protection rights?
The Larks would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request The Larks for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that The Larks correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request The Larks to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that The Larks erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that The Larks restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to The Larks’ processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that The Larks transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
Functionality – The Larks website will ultimately use these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org